Wednesday 30 September 2009

Preliminary exercise



The shot/reverse rule:
This is where the camera shows each character when talking, for an example this was used in our preliminary exercise. We used the 180-degree rule when the camera filmed me when talking to Emma, then the camera swapped sides and filmed Emma when talking to me. These shots were done over the shoulder.

The match on action rule:
This is when you join different shots together to make one scene. For an example our group did this, this was used when I opened the door then a different shot showed me walking through the door, in which created one fluent scene.

180-degree rule:
This is when filming you can only go on a 180 degree axis. This is to prevent unfocused shots; it also makes sure the qualities of the shots are up to standards.

In the preliminary exercise I believe that Emma and I did fairly well editing the film. However we did come across some problems, this is as at first our sound track was not working properly in which we had to start again. Also we found it slightly difficult to cut the scenes in the right places, as you can see we have cut the scenes to early in which it goes to quick or goes jerky. Also I noticed that we forgot to take out the very beginning bit of sound as it has Elliott talking in it, however this is not too difficult to sort out. However with our faults I think we did fairly well, this is as we worked well as a team and also in the end our preliminary exercise turned out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment